Chicken and Zucchini Noodle Salad, Peanut Sauce
- Natural peanut butter : 1/3 cup
- low-sodium soy sauce – or to taste : 3 tbsps
- scallion – coarsely chopped : 1
- ginger root – grated fresh or jarred : 2 tsps
- agave nectar : 2 tbsps
- rice vinegar or white wine vinegar : 3 tbsps
- chili powder: 1 tsp
- cayenne pepper – to taste: 1/2 tsp
- zucchini – cut into strips: 2 1/2 lbs
- small broccoli florets: 2 1/2 cups
- red bell pepper – diced: 2
- scallions, thinly sliced – optional: 2
- cooked boneless skinless chicken breast – grilled: 8 oz
- mandarin orange sections – in water: 1 cup
We used a mandolin slicer but a spiral slicer will yield similar results for zucchini noodles. The grilled chicken can be warm or cold.
- If the peanut butter is soft, you can just combine the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and whisk together. Otherwise use a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut the raw zucchini with a mandolin or spiral slicer using the fine or medium blade. Transfer to a serving bowl. Cut the long strands with kitchen shears to a manageable length.
- Add the broccoli, red pepper, scallions, chicken (cut into bite-sized pieces) and mandarin orange sections.
- Pour about half of the sauce over the “noodle” mixture and toss together. Add more sauce as needed to moisten everything. Let stand for a few minutes before serving. Pass the remaining sauce around for anyone who wants a bit more on their portion.
Nutritional facts per serving: Calories 344; Protein 30g; Total Fat 10g; Carb. 37g; Fiber 8g